If you visited DJBooth at all in 2013, you are definitely familiar with the alt-R&B stylings of Mélat. Over the course of the year, she brought us five reader-approved features and a Booth-hosted project. Now, thanks to WoodysProduce, you get to hear her in a whole new light. A whiz behind the boards, WoodysProduce takes Daphne, the lead single off the Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, and gives it a whole new flavor. Though his drum-and-bass/R&B-influenced boardwork gives the song a different sound, Woody avoids losing the essence of the song by keeping Mélat’s hauntingly beautiful vocals pristine. He changes just enough to make his remix unique. Featuring the original version of Daphne and much more, Mélat’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP is available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.