If you visited DJBooth at all in 2013, you are definitely familiar with the alt-R&B stylings of Mélat. Over the course of the year, she brought us five reader-approved features and a Booth-hosted project. Now, thanks to WoodysProduce, you get to hear her in a whole new light. A whiz behind the boards, WoodysProduce takes Daphne, the lead single off the Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, and gives it a whole new flavor. Though his drum-and-bass/R&B-influenced boardwork gives the song a different sound, Woody avoids losing the essence of the song by keeping Mélat’s hauntingly beautiful vocals pristine. He changes just enough to make his remix unique. Featuring the original version of Daphne and much more, Mélat’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP is available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.