If you visited DJBooth at all in 2013, you are definitely familiar with the alt-R&B stylings of Mélat. Over the course of the year, she brought us five reader-approved features and a Booth-hosted project. Now, thanks to WoodysProduce, you get to hear her in a whole new light. A whiz behind the boards, WoodysProduce takes Daphne, the lead single off the Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, and gives it a whole new flavor. Though his drum-and-bass/R&B-influenced boardwork gives the song a different sound, Woody avoids losing the essence of the song by keeping Mélat’s hauntingly beautiful vocals pristine. He changes just enough to make his remix unique. Featuring the original version of Daphne and much more, Mélat’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP is available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.