If you visited DJBooth at all in 2013, you are definitely familiar with the alt-R&B stylings of Mélat. Over the course of the year, she brought us five reader-approved features and a Booth-hosted project. Now, thanks to WoodysProduce, you get to hear her in a whole new light. A whiz behind the boards, WoodysProduce takes Daphne, the lead single off the Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, and gives it a whole new flavor. Though his drum-and-bass/R&B-influenced boardwork gives the song a different sound, Woody avoids losing the essence of the song by keeping Mélat’s hauntingly beautiful vocals pristine. He changes just enough to make his remix unique. Featuring the original version of Daphne and much more, Mélat’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP is available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.