On her last feature, July’s Wishing Well, alt-R&B up-and-comer Mélat departed from the catchy, energetic style of her Booth debut to craft a quiet ballad suffused with romantic longing. The Austin-based singer’s latest EP single, Daphne, continues down the latter path, but features a menacing overtone not present in its predecessor. Producer Pha the Phenom‘s ominous strings and synths set the mood as Mélat tells the story of a woman whose headstrong behavior ultimately cost her her soul. Her lyrics are often cryptic, but her expressive vocals drive home the record’s haunting vibe. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Canon Ourania: The Illumination currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.