On her last feature, July’s Wishing Well, alt-R&B up-and-comer Mélat departed from the catchy, energetic style of her Booth debut to craft a quiet ballad suffused with romantic longing. The Austin-based singer’s latest EP single, Daphne, continues down the latter path, but features a menacing overtone not present in its predecessor. Producer Pha the Phenom‘s ominous strings and synths set the mood as Mélat tells the story of a woman whose headstrong behavior ultimately cost her her soul. Her lyrics are often cryptic, but her expressive vocals drive home the record’s haunting vibe. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Canon Ourania: The Illumination currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.