Last we heard from Melanie Fiona, she was urging women to Change the Record (i.e., break up) if they’re sick of the song (i.e., the man). Sometimes, however, you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone—This Time, the latest single off the R&B starlet’s sophomore set, finds Fiona longing to reconnect with an ex-man. Over No I.D.‘s hip-hop-infused production, the SRC/Universal Motown crooner is joined on the mic by Roc Nation heavyweight J. Cole. For more, check out The MF Life, released March 20, and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 06/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.