As Ghostface proved on his most recent album Ghostdini, the Wu-Tang alum’s storytelling skills make him a natural fit for any great r&b track, so before I even listened to the remix to Melanie Fiona’s It Kills Me (which is currently blowing up our Top Picks chart) I knew the song would be a killer. Sure enough Melanie and Ghost didn’t disappoint, delivering a gut-wrenching duet that takes us deep inside their rocky hypothetical relationship. While the original cut’s deeply soulful and gospel-tinged production by Jay Fenix and Andrea Martin soars in the background, Melanie’s gripping vocals once again take center stage, with Ghost predictably playing the role of the cheating boyfriend (he apparently got his Tiger Woods on). I could be critical and say Ghost’s verse isn’t one of his best (true), but this song moves me so much I don’t care. For more great music from Fiona be sure to check out her new album The Bridge, available now.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.