As Ghostface proved on his most recent album Ghostdini, the Wu-Tang alum’s storytelling skills make him a natural fit for any great r&b track, so before I even listened to the remix to Melanie Fiona’s It Kills Me (which is currently blowing up our Top Picks chart) I knew the song would be a killer. Sure enough Melanie and Ghost didn’t disappoint, delivering a gut-wrenching duet that takes us deep inside their rocky hypothetical relationship. While the original cut’s deeply soulful and gospel-tinged production by Jay Fenix and Andrea Martin soars in the background, Melanie’s gripping vocals once again take center stage, with Ghost predictably playing the role of the cheating boyfriend (he apparently got his Tiger Woods on). I could be critical and say Ghost’s verse isn’t one of his best (true), but this song moves me so much I don’t care. For more great music from Fiona be sure to check out her new album The Bridge, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.