As Ghostface proved on his most recent album Ghostdini, the Wu-Tang alum’s storytelling skills make him a natural fit for any great r&b track, so before I even listened to the remix to Melanie Fiona’s It Kills Me (which is currently blowing up our Top Picks chart) I knew the song would be a killer. Sure enough Melanie and Ghost didn’t disappoint, delivering a gut-wrenching duet that takes us deep inside their rocky hypothetical relationship. While the original cut’s deeply soulful and gospel-tinged production by Jay Fenix and Andrea Martin soars in the background, Melanie’s gripping vocals once again take center stage, with Ghost predictably playing the role of the cheating boyfriend (he apparently got his Tiger Woods on). I could be critical and say Ghost’s verse isn’t one of his best (true), but this song moves me so much I don’t care. For more great music from Fiona be sure to check out her new album The Bridge, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)