Looking back on 2010 it’s clear that in many ways this was the year of the woman. From Nicki Minaj’s raps to Alicia Keys’ Empire State hook and much more, strong women like Melanie Fiona took their rightful place at music’s front lines. Fresh off the release of her critically acclaimed debut album The Bridge (and by “critically acclaimed” I mean I really liked it), Fiona continues to cement her role as a pillar of new school r&b/soul on new leak Gone & Never Coming Back. While
(produced by Jay Fenix and Andrea Martin) so far remains a mystery, whatever maestro composed this soaring, piano driven ballad deserves credit – it’s the perfect sonic backdrop for Melanie to showcase her gripping, emotional and undeniably powerful voice. Seriously – I don’t know how it’s possible to listen to Never Coming Back and not come away convinced we’re looking at a star in the making. Look for this epic to appear on her upcoming, currently unscheduled album The MF Life. (“MF” as in Melanie Fiona. God people, get your minds out of the gutter.)
Written by Nathan S. on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.