Looking back on 2010 it’s clear that in many ways this was the year of the woman. From Nicki Minaj’s raps to Alicia Keys’ Empire State hook and much more, strong women like Melanie Fiona took their rightful place at music’s front lines. Fresh off the release of her critically acclaimed debut album The Bridge (and by “critically acclaimed” I mean I really liked it), Fiona continues to cement her role as a pillar of new school r&b/soul on new leak Gone & Never Coming Back. While
(produced by Jay Fenix and Andrea Martin) so far remains a mystery, whatever maestro composed this soaring, piano driven ballad deserves credit – it’s the perfect sonic backdrop for Melanie to showcase her gripping, emotional and undeniably powerful voice. Seriously – I don’t know how it’s possible to listen to Never Coming Back and not come away convinced we’re looking at a star in the making. Look for this epic to appear on her upcoming, currently unscheduled album The MF Life. (“MF” as in Melanie Fiona. God people, get your minds out of the gutter.)
Written by Nathan S. on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.