2009 is set to be a busy year for SRC Records; after releasing albums by their flagship artists, David Banner and Akon, and introducing the world to Shontelle in ‘08, Steve Rifkind and his team are getting ready to release new LPs by heavyweights like Camp Lo and Cam’ron, as well as dropping debut albums by acclaimed acts like as Asher Roth, O’Neal McKnight, and Shire. One of Steve Rifkind’s other buzzworthy signings goes by the name of Melanie Fiona. A Guyanese-Canadian talent with music in her blood, she incorporates influences ranging from pop to soul, and is preparing to release her fittingly-titled freshman effort, The Bridge. Her debut single, Give It to Me, combines both of the aforementioned genres, pairing Melanie’s alto vocals with Andrea Martin‘s classic sample of The Zombies’ 1968 hit, Time of the Season. When The Bridge drops on May 12, expect critical acclaim in the Booth and elsewhere. After all, a certain young woman with a very similar voice was introduced last year, and she’s the Runner-Up/Staff Pick for Best New Artist of ‘08 (Signed).
Listen to More: Melanie Fiona
Written by Burmy on 01/14/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To Me Right (Remix) ft. Busta Rhymes & Raekwon" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.