No, Melanie Fiona hasn’t taken to traveling strapped—at least I hope not, since that sh*t really doesn’t fly north of the border. Contrary to what countless rap records have trained me to expect, the T-Dot songstress’ new promo single refers not to a “piece” of the stainless steel variety, but to a certain “Cold Piece of work” she used to call her man. Her first feature since January 2012’s The Wrong Side of a Love Song (not counting her recent guest turn on Raekwon‘s Soundboy Kill It), this cut finds Fiona once again suffering from the pain of heartbreak. Over Alan Nglish‘s hip hop-infused production, the singer excoriates the dude in question for playing with her heart and walking out the door. Though she delivers her kiss-offs with the appropriate dash of venom, her vocals are as effortlessly smooth and appealing as ever. Cold Piece isn’t attached to any larger project but, now that Fiona’s got our attention, I have a feeling more fresh material might be on the way. Whatever the case may be, we’ll keep your posted.
Written by richard on 06/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.