Ladies, you are the DJs of your own destiny - so why keep spinning the same old song? On the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore album, Melanie Fiona offers some solid advice to dissatisfied women the world over: “If you don’t like how he’s playin’ then Change the Record.” Penned by Andrea Martin in conjunction with Fiona herself, this joint finds LOS Da Mystro serving up a four-chord juggernaut of a beat as the Universal Republic crooner expands upon the man/record analogy, making clear that she’s not about to be seen with any scratched, broken or played-out dudes. Of course, women not compromising on their standards is bound to have unfortunate consequences for the fellas; even Gold-certified recording artists aren’t immune from getting kicked to the curb, as B.o.B. (also featured today with thematically-contrasting single So Good) acknowledges in his wounded guest 16. Feeling it? More fresh and innovative R&B bangers await on The MF Life, set to hit record stores and online retailers March 20.
Written by richard on 02/21/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.