Ladies, you are the DJs of your own destiny - so why keep spinning the same old song? On the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore album, Melanie Fiona offers some solid advice to dissatisfied women the world over: “If you don’t like how he’s playin’ then Change the Record.” Penned by Andrea Martin in conjunction with Fiona herself, this joint finds LOS Da Mystro serving up a four-chord juggernaut of a beat as the Universal Republic crooner expands upon the man/record analogy, making clear that she’s not about to be seen with any scratched, broken or played-out dudes. Of course, women not compromising on their standards is bound to have unfortunate consequences for the fellas; even Gold-certified recording artists aren’t immune from getting kicked to the curb, as B.o.B. (also featured today with thematically-contrasting single So Good) acknowledges in his wounded guest 16. Feeling it? More fresh and innovative R&B bangers await on The MF Life, set to hit record stores and online retailers March 20.
Written by richard on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.