Ladies, you are the DJs of your own destiny - so why keep spinning the same old song? On the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore album, Melanie Fiona offers some solid advice to dissatisfied women the world over: “If you don’t like how he’s playin’ then Change the Record.” Penned by Andrea Martin in conjunction with Fiona herself, this joint finds LOS Da Mystro serving up a four-chord juggernaut of a beat as the Universal Republic crooner expands upon the man/record analogy, making clear that she’s not about to be seen with any scratched, broken or played-out dudes. Of course, women not compromising on their standards is bound to have unfortunate consequences for the fellas; even Gold-certified recording artists aren’t immune from getting kicked to the curb, as B.o.B. (also featured today with thematically-contrasting single So Good) acknowledges in his wounded guest 16. Feeling it? More fresh and innovative R&B bangers await on The MF Life, set to hit record stores and online retailers March 20.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!