Ladies, you are the DJs of your own destiny - so why keep spinning the same old song? On the latest single off her long-awaited sophomore album, Melanie Fiona offers some solid advice to dissatisfied women the world over: “If you don’t like how he’s playin’ then Change the Record.” Penned by Andrea Martin in conjunction with Fiona herself, this joint finds LOS Da Mystro serving up a four-chord juggernaut of a beat as the Universal Republic crooner expands upon the man/record analogy, making clear that she’s not about to be seen with any scratched, broken or played-out dudes. Of course, women not compromising on their standards is bound to have unfortunate consequences for the fellas; even Gold-certified recording artists aren’t immune from getting kicked to the curb, as B.o.B. (also featured today with thematically-contrasting single So Good) acknowledges in his wounded guest 16. Feeling it? More fresh and innovative R&B bangers await on The MF Life, set to hit record stores and online retailers March 20.
Written by richard on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It to Me" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.