After beating out some of the countries top vocalists last year on FOX’s talent competition The X Factor and securing a hefty $5 million recording contract, Virgin Islands singer Melanie Amaro is finally ready to drop her official debut single. With the numerous ups and downs the 20-year-old singer has gone through prior to her The X Factor win it should come as no surprise that Don’t Fail Me Now is quite the uplifting record. Despite its heartening nature Don’t Fail Me Now could easily double as a dance tune with its upbeat, Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins-helmed production and Amaro’s lightly autotuned vocals. Don’t Fail Me Now is not attached to any project from the singer, but with its release I’m sure we can expect a number of new tunes from the Epic Records artist.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/2/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.