A buzzmaking emcee and producer hailing from the City of Brotherly Love, Mel Wellman introduces himself to The DJBooth with a fresh song release off his forthcoming full-length. Dedicated to a girl who really knows how to roll a blunt (among her many other talents), Swisher Sweet finds the artist paying lyrical tribute to the “P” and “W” in Weezy‘s famous trifecta. A steamy smokers’ anthem like this one isn’t complete without a suitably trippy instrumental backdrop, and Wellman manages to match the mood perfectly on the production tip, creating a hazy beat centered around a reversed vocal sample. Judging by the title, this is just one of many THC-inspired cuts to be found on the artist’s Substance Abuse tape; keep it locked for all the latest on the currently-unscheduled project!
Written by richard on 01/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.