In mid-January, Mel Wellman introduced himself to our pages via Swisher Sweet, a reader-approved smokers’ anthem off his Substance Abuse street album. Today, the Philly repper returns with the latest song release over his other forthcoming project, The Cassette Tape. Like its predecessor, Nosey sees Wellman showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting a soulfully understated instrumental backdrop for bars outlining his lofty ambitions in the game. Sarah Green teams up with the artist to direct the record’s stylish black-and-white visuals. Craving more? Then keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the aforementioned projects, both of which are currently awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swisher Sweet" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)