In mid-January, Mel Wellman introduced himself to our pages via Swisher Sweet, a reader-approved smokers’ anthem off his Substance Abuse street album. Today, the Philly repper returns with the latest song release over his other forthcoming project, The Cassette Tape. Like its predecessor, Nosey sees Wellman showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting a soulfully understated instrumental backdrop for bars outlining his lofty ambitions in the game. Sarah Green teams up with the artist to direct the record’s stylish black-and-white visuals. Craving more? Then keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the aforementioned projects, both of which are currently awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swisher Sweet" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.