In mid-January, Mel Wellman introduced himself to our pages via Swisher Sweet, a reader-approved smokers’ anthem off his Substance Abuse street album. Today, the Philly repper returns with the latest song release over his other forthcoming project, The Cassette Tape. Like its predecessor, Nosey sees Wellman showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting a soulfully understated instrumental backdrop for bars outlining his lofty ambitions in the game. Sarah Green teams up with the artist to direct the record’s stylish black-and-white visuals. Craving more? Then keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the aforementioned projects, both of which are currently awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swisher Sweet" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.