In mid-January, Mel Wellman introduced himself to our pages via Swisher Sweet, a reader-approved smokers’ anthem off his Substance Abuse street album. Today, the Philly repper returns with the latest song release over his other forthcoming project, The Cassette Tape. Like its predecessor, Nosey sees Wellman showcasing his skills on both sides of the mixing boards, crafting a soulfully understated instrumental backdrop for bars outlining his lofty ambitions in the game. Sarah Green teams up with the artist to direct the record’s stylish black-and-white visuals. Craving more? Then keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on the aforementioned projects, both of which are currently awaiting a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Philadelphia buzzmaker Mel Wellman has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his debut studio album, Substance Abuse. The project packs a total of 14 original tracks from the up-and-coming emcee, including...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swisher Sweet" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.