The way it looks now, the NBA’s Sixth Man Award will go to J.R. Smith of the Knicks. Jamal Crawford might have a late run at the nod, though, thanks to Mel Wellman’s latest single. Jamal Crawford #6thMan is a slam dunk, or should I say an alley-oop (in honor of Lob City) dedicated to the L.A. Clippers back-up shooting guard, featuring a trumpeting beat from the emcee/producer himself. Behind the mic, Mel’s crisp, darting flow is very similar to a Crawford crossover: fast, agile and deadly. This effort is just a promo but, should you want more, you can check out the artist’s previous Booth features of the current calender year, Swisher Sweet and Nosey.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Swisher Sweet" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.