Being hailed as the “first lady” of a label has led to plenty of disappointment for several female artists (see Foxy Brown). In the case of singer Megan Rochell, on the other hand, the title (and subsequent disappointment) has created a swagger-drenched, nouveau-modern chica who is on the verge of the most exciting moment in her music career. On Caught Up, Megan spills her soul, introducing a single that is a catchy first release since her departure from her original label home at Def Jam. Currently operating independently, Megan isn’t as caught up in the hype of big names as she bares her raw voice for a man who she’s been eying over this catchy Mad Scientist production.
Written by Erica L. on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.