Being hailed as the “first lady” of a label has led to plenty of disappointment for several female artists (see Foxy Brown). In the case of singer Megan Rochell, on the other hand, the title (and subsequent disappointment) has created a swagger-drenched, nouveau-modern chica who is on the verge of the most exciting moment in her music career. On Caught Up, Megan spills her soul, introducing a single that is a catchy first release since her departure from her original label home at Def Jam. Currently operating independently, Megan isn’t as caught up in the hype of big names as she bares her raw voice for a man who she’s been eying over this catchy Mad Scientist production.
Written by Erica L. on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.