Being hailed as the “first lady” of a label has led to plenty of disappointment for several female artists (see Foxy Brown). In the case of singer Megan Rochell, on the other hand, the title (and subsequent disappointment) has created a swagger-drenched, nouveau-modern chica who is on the verge of the most exciting moment in her music career. On Caught Up, Megan spills her soul, introducing a single that is a catchy first release since her departure from her original label home at Def Jam. Currently operating independently, Megan isn’t as caught up in the hype of big names as she bares her raw voice for a man who she’s been eying over this catchy Mad Scientist production.
Written by Erica L. on 08/7/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.