Being hailed as the “first lady” of a label has led to plenty of disappointment for several female artists (see Foxy Brown). In the case of singer Megan Rochell, on the other hand, the title (and subsequent disappointment) has created a swagger-drenched, nouveau-modern chica who is on the verge of the most exciting moment in her music career. On Caught Up, Megan spills her soul, introducing a single that is a catchy first release since her departure from her original label home at Def Jam. Currently operating independently, Megan isn’t as caught up in the hype of big names as she bares her raw voice for a man who she’s been eying over this catchy Mad Scientist production.
Written by Erica L. on 08/7/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Got A Thing For Me ft. Megan Rochell" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)