For Maybach Music Group lyricist Meek Mill, the title of his latest single, Young & Gettin It, is a perfect marker of where he’s currently at in his music career. At the age of 25 Meek still flaunts the “young” label and ever since he signed to Rick Ross’s label in early 2011, the Philly lyricist has been “gettin” it. So yeah, the guy is Young & Gettin It alright. On Young & Gettin It, Meek recruits fellow newcomer and Warner Bros. Records artist Kirko Bangz, who serves as a hook-man on the ambitious cut. Throughout the Jahlil Beats-produced record Meek drops rhymes about his lavish lifestyle, but still manages to scatter a little humor here and there with lines like, “These ni**as claim that they ballin/ I’ll take ya b**ch, Kris Humphries.” Young & Gettin It, as well as Meek’s previous singles, Amen and Burn, will be featured on his debut Dreams And Nightmares album, which is scheduled for release on October 30.
Maybach Music Group/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.