For Maybach Music Group lyricist Meek Mill, the title of his latest single, Young & Gettin It, is a perfect marker of where he’s currently at in his music career. At the age of 25 Meek still flaunts the “young” label and ever since he signed to Rick Ross’s label in early 2011, the Philly lyricist has been “gettin” it. So yeah, the guy is Young & Gettin It alright. On Young & Gettin It, Meek recruits fellow newcomer and Warner Bros. Records artist Kirko Bangz, who serves as a hook-man on the ambitious cut. Throughout the Jahlil Beats-produced record Meek drops rhymes about his lavish lifestyle, but still manages to scatter a little humor here and there with lines like, “These ni**as claim that they ballin/ I’ll take ya b**ch, Kris Humphries.” Young & Gettin It, as well as Meek’s previous singles, Amen and Burn, will be featured on his debut Dreams And Nightmares album, which is scheduled for release on October 30.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group / Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.