For Maybach Music Group lyricist Meek Mill, the title of his latest single, Young & Gettin It, is a perfect marker of where he’s currently at in his music career. At the age of 25 Meek still flaunts the “young” label and ever since he signed to Rick Ross’s label in early 2011, the Philly lyricist has been “gettin” it. So yeah, the guy is Young & Gettin It alright. On Young & Gettin It, Meek recruits fellow newcomer and Warner Bros. Records artist Kirko Bangz, who serves as a hook-man on the ambitious cut. Throughout the Jahlil Beats-produced record Meek drops rhymes about his lavish lifestyle, but still manages to scatter a little humor here and there with lines like, “These ni**as claim that they ballin/ I’ll take ya b**ch, Kris Humphries.” Young & Gettin It, as well as Meek’s previous singles, Amen and Burn, will be featured on his debut Dreams And Nightmares album, which is scheduled for release on October 30.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Rick Ross is many things – a highly successful solo artist, a luxury rap inventor, a lover of lobster bisque – but he’s also one of the smarter label bosses in the game. Most rappers who also run labels simply sign...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.