For Maybach Music Group lyricist Meek Mill, the title of his latest single, Young & Gettin It, is a perfect marker of where he’s currently at in his music career. At the age of 25 Meek still flaunts the “young” label and ever since he signed to Rick Ross’s label in early 2011, the Philly lyricist has been “gettin” it. So yeah, the guy is Young & Gettin It alright. On Young & Gettin It, Meek recruits fellow newcomer and Warner Bros. Records artist Kirko Bangz, who serves as a hook-man on the ambitious cut. Throughout the Jahlil Beats-produced record Meek drops rhymes about his lavish lifestyle, but still manages to scatter a little humor here and there with lines like, “These ni**as claim that they ballin/ I’ll take ya b**ch, Kris Humphries.” Young & Gettin It, as well as Meek’s previous singles, Amen and Burn, will be featured on his debut Dreams And Nightmares album, which is scheduled for release on October 30.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Rick Ross is many things – a highly successful solo artist, a luxury rap inventor, a lover of lobster bisque – but he’s also one of the smarter label bosses in the game. Most rappers who also run labels simply sign...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.