For Maybach Music Group lyricist Meek Mill, the title of his latest single, Young & Gettin It, is a perfect marker of where he’s currently at in his music career. At the age of 25 Meek still flaunts the “young” label and ever since he signed to Rick Ross’s label in early 2011, the Philly lyricist has been “gettin” it. So yeah, the guy is Young & Gettin It alright. On Young & Gettin It, Meek recruits fellow newcomer and Warner Bros. Records artist Kirko Bangz, who serves as a hook-man on the ambitious cut. Throughout the Jahlil Beats-produced record Meek drops rhymes about his lavish lifestyle, but still manages to scatter a little humor here and there with lines like, “These ni**as claim that they ballin/ I’ll take ya b**ch, Kris Humphries.” Young & Gettin It, as well as Meek’s previous singles, Amen and Burn, will be featured on his debut Dreams And Nightmares album, which is scheduled for release on October 30.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.