Booth newcomer Meek Mill is a man who likes his champagne – so much so that he opened 2009’s Make Em Say by announcing, “I like my Rose Red and my diamonds blue.” To further emphasize the point, the Philly native’s now spun that line into a full-blown single, presented here in newly-remixed form. On this version of the cut, the headliner is joined by a few hip-hop heavyweights who feel just as strongly about the beverage; after Mill’s spits his opening bars over Jahlil Beats’ sizzling synth boardwork, Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. steps up to the mic, followed by Dipset emcee Vado. The coup de grace is a closing verse from Ricky Rozay himself; on the back end, Rick Ross takes center stage to wax poetic about his drink of choice in not one but two languages: “Rozay rojo, diamonds blanco, I get my white, always pronto.” Still thirsty, Booth readers? For more from Meek Mill, check out his DJ Drama-hosted Flamerz 3 (The Wait Is Over), released in March and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Philly Sh*t" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.