Booth newcomer Meek Mill is a man who likes his champagne – so much so that he opened 2009’s Make Em Say by announcing, “I like my Rose Red and my diamonds blue.” To further emphasize the point, the Philly native’s now spun that line into a full-blown single, presented here in newly-remixed form. On this version of the cut, the headliner is joined by a few hip-hop heavyweights who feel just as strongly about the beverage; after Mill’s spits his opening bars over Jahlil Beats’ sizzling synth boardwork, Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. steps up to the mic, followed by Dipset emcee Vado. The coup de grace is a closing verse from Ricky Rozay himself; on the back end, Rick Ross takes center stage to wax poetic about his drink of choice in not one but two languages: “Rozay rojo, diamonds blanco, I get my white, always pronto.” Still thirsty, Booth readers? For more from Meek Mill, check out his DJ Drama-hosted Flamerz 3 (The Wait Is Over), released in March and available now online.
Maybach Music Group/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Philly Sh*t" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.