Booth newcomer Meek Mill is a man who likes his champagne – so much so that he opened 2009’s Make Em Say by announcing, “I like my Rose Red and my diamonds blue.” To further emphasize the point, the Philly native’s now spun that line into a full-blown single, presented here in newly-remixed form. On this version of the cut, the headliner is joined by a few hip-hop heavyweights who feel just as strongly about the beverage; after Mill’s spits his opening bars over Jahlil Beats’ sizzling synth boardwork, Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. steps up to the mic, followed by Dipset emcee Vado. The coup de grace is a closing verse from Ricky Rozay himself; on the back end, Rick Ross takes center stage to wax poetic about his drink of choice in not one but two languages: “Rozay rojo, diamonds blanco, I get my white, always pronto.” Still thirsty, Booth readers? For more from Meek Mill, check out his DJ Drama-hosted Flamerz 3 (The Wait Is Over), released in March and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Philly Sh*t" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)