Booth newcomer Meek Mill is a man who likes his champagne – so much so that he opened 2009’s Make Em Say by announcing, “I like my Rose Red and my diamonds blue.” To further emphasize the point, the Philly native’s now spun that line into a full-blown single, presented here in newly-remixed form. On this version of the cut, the headliner is joined by a few hip-hop heavyweights who feel just as strongly about the beverage; after Mill’s spits his opening bars over Jahlil Beats’ sizzling synth boardwork, Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. steps up to the mic, followed by Dipset emcee Vado. The coup de grace is a closing verse from Ricky Rozay himself; on the back end, Rick Ross takes center stage to wax poetic about his drink of choice in not one but two languages: “Rozay rojo, diamonds blanco, I get my white, always pronto.” Still thirsty, Booth readers? For more from Meek Mill, check out his DJ Drama-hosted Flamerz 3 (The Wait Is Over), released in March and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Philly Sh*t" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.