Booth newcomer Meek Mill is a man who likes his champagne – so much so that he opened 2009’s Make Em Say by announcing, “I like my Rose Red and my diamonds blue.” To further emphasize the point, the Philly native’s now spun that line into a full-blown single, presented here in newly-remixed form. On this version of the cut, the headliner is joined by a few hip-hop heavyweights who feel just as strongly about the beverage; after Mill’s spits his opening bars over Jahlil Beats’ sizzling synth boardwork, Grand Hustle head honcho T.I. steps up to the mic, followed by Dipset emcee Vado. The coup de grace is a closing verse from Ricky Rozay himself; on the back end, Rick Ross takes center stage to wax poetic about his drink of choice in not one but two languages: “Rozay rojo, diamonds blanco, I get my white, always pronto.” Still thirsty, Booth readers? For more from Meek Mill, check out his DJ Drama-hosted Flamerz 3 (The Wait Is Over), released in March and available now online.
Written by richard on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Philly Sh*t" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.