Meek Mill might be signed to Maybach Music Group, but that didn’t stop him from creating a record label of his own. The first release under the umbrella of the Philly native’s new label will be Dreams Worth More Than Money, the long awaited follow-up to his ‘12 debut, Dreams and Nightmares. Batting lead off on the album is the set’s first single, Off The Corner, which features a guest verse from label boss Rick Ross and smacking production from Ben Billion$. In just under four minutes, Meek revels in his graduation from drug dealing on a street corner to bigger and better things, achieved without a diploma in hand. Is Meek where he wants to be? Or does he still have a ways to go before he finally gets “there”? Only time, and success, will tell.
Update: We have added the new visuals for Meek Mill’s Off the Corner single.
Written by DJ Z on 04/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)