Just a few short years ago, Meek Mill was just another urban denizen, pursuing his dreams of hip-hop superstardom against the struggle-filled backdrop of the Philly streets. Now, he looks out at those same city blocks from between Maybach Curtains. On the latest single off his forthcoming MMG debut album, Mill reminisces over the distance he’s come, flowing over the fittingly luxuriant sample work of Infamous & The-Agency. His bars are flanked by contributions from two rap heavyweights: Queensbridge icon Nas provides a larger-than-life middle verse, and label boss Rick Ross ends the cut on a characteristically high-rolling note. In between, John Legend provides smooth chorus vocals. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Maybach Windows and plenty more where it came from on Dreams & Nightmares, set to hit record stores and online retailers October 30. Click here to pre-order the project.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group / Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.