Just a few short years ago, Meek Mill was just another urban denizen, pursuing his dreams of hip-hop superstardom against the struggle-filled backdrop of the Philly streets. Now, he looks out at those same city blocks from between Maybach Curtains. On the latest single off his forthcoming MMG debut album, Mill reminisces over the distance he’s come, flowing over the fittingly luxuriant sample work of Infamous & The-Agency. His bars are flanked by contributions from two rap heavyweights: Queensbridge icon Nas provides a larger-than-life middle verse, and label boss Rick Ross ends the cut on a characteristically high-rolling note. In between, John Legend provides smooth chorus vocals. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Maybach Windows and plenty more where it came from on Dreams & Nightmares, set to hit record stores and online retailers October 30. Click here to pre-order the project.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.