Just a few short years ago, Meek Mill was just another urban denizen, pursuing his dreams of hip-hop superstardom against the struggle-filled backdrop of the Philly streets. Now, he looks out at those same city blocks from between Maybach Curtains. On the latest single off his forthcoming MMG debut album, Mill reminisces over the distance he’s come, flowing over the fittingly luxuriant sample work of Infamous & The-Agency. His bars are flanked by contributions from two rap heavyweights: Queensbridge icon Nas provides a larger-than-life middle verse, and label boss Rick Ross ends the cut on a characteristically high-rolling note. In between, John Legend provides smooth chorus vocals. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Maybach Windows and plenty more where it came from on Dreams & Nightmares, set to hit record stores and online retailers October 30. Click here to pre-order the project.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Rick Ross is many things – a highly successful solo artist, a luxury rap inventor, a lover of lobster bisque – but he’s also one of the smarter label bosses in the game. Most rappers who also run labels simply sign...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.