Just a few short years ago, Meek Mill was just another urban denizen, pursuing his dreams of hip-hop superstardom against the struggle-filled backdrop of the Philly streets. Now, he looks out at those same city blocks from between Maybach Curtains. On the latest single off his forthcoming MMG debut album, Mill reminisces over the distance he’s come, flowing over the fittingly luxuriant sample work of Infamous & The-Agency. His bars are flanked by contributions from two rap heavyweights: Queensbridge icon Nas provides a larger-than-life middle verse, and label boss Rick Ross ends the cut on a characteristically high-rolling note. In between, John Legend provides smooth chorus vocals. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Maybach Windows and plenty more where it came from on Dreams & Nightmares, set to hit record stores and online retailers October 30. Click here to pre-order the project.
Written by richard on 10/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.