What do the Tower of Pisa and MMG emcee Meek Mill have in common? You guessed it: they’re both Leanin’. Whereas soft ground and an inadequate foundation are responsible for the former’s tilt, the latter’s has more to do with his heavy consumption of sizzurp. On this freshly-minted mixtape single, Cardo‘s ominous synths and trunk-rattling percussion back gruff verses chronicling Meek’s love affair with promethazine—and, of course, his ongoing romance with the Almighty Dollar. Owl Pharaoh emcee/producer Travi$ Scott delivers a menacing guest 16, as well as lending his Autotuned vocals to the outro. Despite contributing ad-libs to the joint’s original mixtape version, Diddy and Birdman don’t appear in Jon J.‘s official visuals. For Leanin’ and much more, cop Meek Mill’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group / Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.