What do the Tower of Pisa and MMG emcee Meek Mill have in common? You guessed it: they’re both Leanin’. Whereas soft ground and an inadequate foundation are responsible for the former’s tilt, the latter’s has more to do with his heavy consumption of sizzurp. On this freshly-minted mixtape single, Cardo‘s ominous synths and trunk-rattling percussion back gruff verses chronicling Meek’s love affair with promethazine—and, of course, his ongoing romance with the Almighty Dollar. Owl Pharaoh emcee/producer Travi$ Scott delivers a menacing guest 16, as well as lending his Autotuned vocals to the outro. Despite contributing ad-libs to the joint’s original mixtape version, Diddy and Birdman don’t appear in Jon J.‘s official visuals. For Leanin’ and much more, cop Meek Mill’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.