What do the Tower of Pisa and MMG emcee Meek Mill have in common? You guessed it: they’re both Leanin’. Whereas soft ground and an inadequate foundation are responsible for the former’s tilt, the latter’s has more to do with his heavy consumption of sizzurp. On this freshly-minted mixtape single, Cardo‘s ominous synths and trunk-rattling percussion back gruff verses chronicling Meek’s love affair with promethazine—and, of course, his ongoing romance with the Almighty Dollar. Owl Pharaoh emcee/producer Travi$ Scott delivers a menacing guest 16, as well as lending his Autotuned vocals to the outro. Despite contributing ad-libs to the joint’s original mixtape version, Diddy and Birdman don’t appear in Jon J.‘s official visuals. For Leanin’ and much more, cop Meek Mill’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September.
Written by richard on 12/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- We’re Sprung: The World Is Ready To Love T-Pain Again
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big K.R.I.T.‘s “Cadillactica”
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.