The life paths available to many inner-city youths are as different as paradise and eternal damnation—if you don’t make it out the hood through a combination of luck and hard work, it’s very possible you’ll end up languishing behind bars, or even six feet under. Now that Meek Mill‘s achieved the former, he’s gonna make damn sure his fam has the same opportunities. On mixtape single Heaven or Hell, released along with visuals by Itchy House Films, the MMG signee reflects on the improbable trajectory his life has followed to date: “I used to pay the block early morning and dark time / Now it’s G5 flights, f**k a depart time.” Jadakiss jumps on The Beat Bully‘s instrumental, a flip of Luniz’s classic I Got 5 on It, to deliver a gruff closing 16, and Guordan Banks handles the hook. For Heaven or Hell and much more, check out Meek’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September 2013.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.