The life paths available to many inner-city youths are as different as paradise and eternal damnation—if you don’t make it out the hood through a combination of luck and hard work, it’s very possible you’ll end up languishing behind bars, or even six feet under. Now that Meek Mill‘s achieved the former, he’s gonna make damn sure his fam has the same opportunities. On mixtape single Heaven or Hell, released along with visuals by Itchy House Films, the MMG signee reflects on the improbable trajectory his life has followed to date: “I used to pay the block early morning and dark time / Now it’s G5 flights, f**k a depart time.” Jadakiss jumps on The Beat Bully‘s instrumental, a flip of Luniz’s classic I Got 5 on It, to deliver a gruff closing 16, and Guordan Banks handles the hook. For Heaven or Hell and much more, check out Meek’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September 2013.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group / Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.