The life paths available to many inner-city youths are as different as paradise and eternal damnation—if you don’t make it out the hood through a combination of luck and hard work, it’s very possible you’ll end up languishing behind bars, or even six feet under. Now that Meek Mill‘s achieved the former, he’s gonna make damn sure his fam has the same opportunities. On mixtape single Heaven or Hell, released along with visuals by Itchy House Films, the MMG signee reflects on the improbable trajectory his life has followed to date: “I used to pay the block early morning and dark time / Now it’s G5 flights, f**k a depart time.” Jadakiss jumps on The Beat Bully‘s instrumental, a flip of Luniz’s classic I Got 5 on It, to deliver a gruff closing 16, and Guordan Banks handles the hook. For Heaven or Hell and much more, check out Meek’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September 2013.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Philly emcee Meek Mill has unleashed Dreamchasers 3, the latest entry in his popular mixtape series, presented by Puma. Meek's eighth mixtape in total, the project follows May 2012's Dreamchasers 2. Seventeen original tracks...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)