The life paths available to many inner-city youths are as different as paradise and eternal damnation—if you don’t make it out the hood through a combination of luck and hard work, it’s very possible you’ll end up languishing behind bars, or even six feet under. Now that Meek Mill‘s achieved the former, he’s gonna make damn sure his fam has the same opportunities. On mixtape single Heaven or Hell, released along with visuals by Itchy House Films, the MMG signee reflects on the improbable trajectory his life has followed to date: “I used to pay the block early morning and dark time / Now it’s G5 flights, f**k a depart time.” Jadakiss jumps on The Beat Bully‘s instrumental, a flip of Luniz’s classic I Got 5 on It, to deliver a gruff closing 16, and Guordan Banks handles the hook. For Heaven or Hell and much more, check out Meek’s Dreamchasers 3 street album, available online as of September 2013.
Written by richard on 01/31/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)