Maybach Music signee Meek Mill gives us a glimpse of what his upcoming street album, Mr. Philadelphia 2, is gonna sound like with this leak Ham Music. The Jahlil Beats produced track sounds like something the “mixtape Weezy” would’ve got on a few years ago. The beat is fast-paced and switches up plenty giving Meek little room to breathe so he pretty much spazes out on this one. Even though the replay value might be limited, in this joint Meek does display some wordplay, and he also plays around with rhyme schemes. I couldn’t help but laugh when I heard him spit, “I was told never let the young’ns get the powder/ But now these niggas slippin’ like they fucking in the shower.” Pause. Overall, Meeks lyricism on Ham Music sounds like a little reminder to be on the look out for the Maybach Music Group compilation album, Self Made, dropping a week from tomorrow.
Listen to More: Meek Mill
Written by Adeshola Adigun on 05/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)