Maybach Music signee Meek Mill gives us a glimpse of what his upcoming street album, Mr. Philadelphia 2, is gonna sound like with this leak Ham Music. The Jahlil Beats produced track sounds like something the “mixtape Weezy” would’ve got on a few years ago. The beat is fast-paced and switches up plenty giving Meek little room to breathe so he pretty much spazes out on this one. Even though the replay value might be limited, in this joint Meek does display some wordplay, and he also plays around with rhyme schemes. I couldn’t help but laugh when I heard him spit, “I was told never let the young’ns get the powder/ But now these niggas slippin’ like they fucking in the shower.” Pause. Overall, Meeks lyricism on Ham Music sounds like a little reminder to be on the look out for the Maybach Music Group compilation album, Self Made, dropping a week from tomorrow.
Written by Adeshola Adigun on 05/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.