Hope y’all are dressed up in your Sunday best, because Meek Mill‘s taking us to church. A standout cut off the MMG fast-riser’s Dreamchasers 2 street album, Amen has been repurposed as the lead single off his forthcoming major-label debut album. And it’s not too hard to see why. KeY Wane provides an ear-pleasing change of pace from Mill’s usual sound, pairing an addictive, organ-laced piano loop with a syncopated 808 rhythm to marvelously catchy effect. No less appealing (if just a touch sacrilegious) are Meek’s bars, which find him giving thanks to the Man Upstairs for the bounty of p**sy, money, whips and liquor he hath been given. Drizzy showcases his nose for bargains on verse two (“Just bought my n*ggas some cane, so much it came with a plane…”), and Jeremih rounds out the guest lineup, trading lines with the headliner on verse three as well as providing vocal support on the flowed hook. Find yourself shouting “Church!” right along with Meek Mill and his equally blessed colleagues? Then keep it locked for more immaculate jams leading up to the August 28, arrival of the artist’s MMB/WB debut, Dreams & Nightmares.
Written by richard on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.