Hope y’all are dressed up in your Sunday best, because Meek Mill‘s taking us to church. A standout cut off the MMG fast-riser’s Dreamchasers 2 street album, Amen has been repurposed as the lead single off his forthcoming major-label debut album. And it’s not too hard to see why. KeY Wane provides an ear-pleasing change of pace from Mill’s usual sound, pairing an addictive, organ-laced piano loop with a syncopated 808 rhythm to marvelously catchy effect. No less appealing (if just a touch sacrilegious) are Meek’s bars, which find him giving thanks to the Man Upstairs for the bounty of p**sy, money, whips and liquor he hath been given. Drizzy showcases his nose for bargains on verse two (“Just bought my n*ggas some cane, so much it came with a plane…”), and Jeremih rounds out the guest lineup, trading lines with the headliner on verse three as well as providing vocal support on the flowed hook. Find yourself shouting “Church!” right along with Meek Mill and his equally blessed colleagues? Then keep it locked for more immaculate jams leading up to the August 28, arrival of the artist’s MMB/WB debut, Dreams & Nightmares.
Written by richard on 05/29/12
Submit your Rating
Maybach Music Group / Atlantic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rose Red (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.