With only one other feature under his belt (February’s Hallucinogen), Meek DeMeo is still a pretty new face to Boothies. It was a good idea, then, to enlist the guest services of a very familiar face, in this case Kendrick Lamar, for his latest effort, Paper Birds. While you might have clicked “Stream” for Kendrick you will undoubtedly stay (and replay) for Meek. DeMeo’s soulful, higher-pitched vocals flutter atop Austin Celaya’s stormy, ambient boardwork, and the occasional drumming really sets off his exquisite crooning. K. Dot takes over on the back, showcasing his signature flow over the joint’s shrouded production. This promo single is attached to Meek’s Capital Vices EP, available now for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.