Last Meech appeared on our pages with a solo record, the Minneapolis representative was five years younger, George W. Bush was President of the United States, and I hadn’t even begun penning track reviews for DJBooth. Let’s just sit and marinate on that for a minute, shall we? Though it’s certainly been a minute, the artist hasn’t changed much in the interim; while No Chaser (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) finds the artist trading in the synth-heavy club vibes of Thicka Than a Snicka for a sunnier, guitar-driven groove (created with a little help from producer Fingazz), he’s still the same hard-partying, happy-go-lucky rhymesayer readers may remember. Fresh off a summer-long stint on this year’s VANS Warped Tour, fellow Twin Cities native Mod Sun contributes guest vocals to the hook, and Who Better TV complements the record with visuals of a late-summer cookout. Fans can find this mellow selection and much more on Meech’s debut street album, Guitars and Life Stories, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net September 18.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Wild Side Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thicka Than A Snicka" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.