Last Meech appeared on our pages with a solo record, the Minneapolis representative was five years younger, George W. Bush was President of the United States, and I hadn’t even begun penning track reviews for DJBooth. Let’s just sit and marinate on that for a minute, shall we? Though it’s certainly been a minute, the artist hasn’t changed much in the interim; while No Chaser (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) finds the artist trading in the synth-heavy club vibes of Thicka Than a Snicka for a sunnier, guitar-driven groove (created with a little help from producer Fingazz), he’s still the same hard-partying, happy-go-lucky rhymesayer readers may remember. Fresh off a summer-long stint on this year’s VANS Warped Tour, fellow Twin Cities native Mod Sun contributes guest vocals to the hook, and Who Better TV complements the record with visuals of a late-summer cookout. Fans can find this mellow selection and much more on Meech’s debut street album, Guitars and Life Stories, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net September 18.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Wild Side Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thicka Than A Snicka" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.