Last Meech appeared on our pages with a solo record, the Minneapolis representative was five years younger, George W. Bush was President of the United States, and I hadn’t even begun penning track reviews for DJBooth. Let’s just sit and marinate on that for a minute, shall we? Though it’s certainly been a minute, the artist hasn’t changed much in the interim; while No Chaser (a Booth-exclusive world premiere) finds the artist trading in the synth-heavy club vibes of Thicka Than a Snicka for a sunnier, guitar-driven groove (created with a little help from producer Fingazz), he’s still the same hard-partying, happy-go-lucky rhymesayer readers may remember. Fresh off a summer-long stint on this year’s VANS Warped Tour, fellow Twin Cities native Mod Sun contributes guest vocals to the hook, and Who Better TV complements the record with visuals of a late-summer cookout. Fans can find this mellow selection and much more on Meech’s debut street album, Guitars and Life Stories, scheduled to arrive on the ‘net September 18.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
Wild Side Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thicka Than A Snicka" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.