If you happen to have perfect recall and be obsessed with DJBooth.net, well, you may be the most unlikely person ever to have walked this earth. But you might remember Median‘s 2007 interview with our own Nathan S., on which the emcee declared his intention to bridge the gaps between hip-hop lovers of all types—from scholars, to professionals, to ‘hood denizens. Four years later, the North Carolina repper (now signed to Jamla (IWWMG)/+FE Music ) is still walking that fine line, cooking up jam’s that’ll appeal to anyone who loves hot, old-school-informed beats and rhymes. On new single The Sender, label boss 9th Wonder‘s dusty, chopped-soul-sample instrumental sets a wistfully breezy mood as the emcee drops rhymes as relatable as they are erudite. In bars drenched with gratitude, the artist gives thanks to a higher power for the inspiration behind his perspiration: “They come and I’m sendin’ ‘em / Releasin’ the sunbeams that come to me from the above sender.” Need more musical sunshine in your life? Then be sure to cop Median’s latest LP, also titled The Sender, when it drops August 16.
Written by richard on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
Jamla (IWWMG)/+FE Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin’ Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.