If you happen to have perfect recall and be obsessed with DJBooth.net, well, you may be the most unlikely person ever to have walked this earth. But you might remember Median‘s 2007 interview with our own Nathan S., on which the emcee declared his intention to bridge the gaps between hip-hop lovers of all types—from scholars, to professionals, to ‘hood denizens. Four years later, the North Carolina repper (now signed to Jamla (IWWMG)/+FE Music ) is still walking that fine line, cooking up jam’s that’ll appeal to anyone who loves hot, old-school-informed beats and rhymes. On new single The Sender, label boss 9th Wonder‘s dusty, chopped-soul-sample instrumental sets a wistfully breezy mood as the emcee drops rhymes as relatable as they are erudite. In bars drenched with gratitude, the artist gives thanks to a higher power for the inspiration behind his perspiration: “They come and I’m sendin’ ‘em / Releasin’ the sunbeams that come to me from the above sender.” Need more musical sunshine in your life? Then be sure to cop Median’s latest LP, also titled The Sender, when it drops August 16.
Written by richard on 07/21/11
Submit your Rating
Jamla (IWWMG)/+FE Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Callin’ Me" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.