They say if you don’t know where you’re from you can’t know where you’re going. In that case, MED’s vision of the future is crystal clear – the Cali emcee absolutely knows Where I’m From. Produced by the amusing named Oh No (oh yes), who gives the beat a smoothly paced, organ-laced, retro-tinged feel, this relaxed cut finds MED reflecting on the Golden State roots, from the freaks on Sunset Ave. to the meth addicts in the projects, that made him the man he is today; The only thing that could have made this one even better is if Aloe Blacc (of I Need a Dollar fame) were to jump in and deliver another timeless vocal performance. Wait, that’s exactly what happened? Well then, I have absolutely no complaints, and neither should you. Looking for ever more from MED? According to Stone’s Throw he ambiguously “has a new album in the works for 2011 release.” In the meantime, fans can cop the just released double A-side 12-inch vinyl with both the previously featured Classic and Where I’m From. Dopeness.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.