They say if you don’t know where you’re from you can’t know where you’re going. In that case, MED’s vision of the future is crystal clear – the Cali emcee absolutely knows Where I’m From. Produced by the amusing named Oh No (oh yes), who gives the beat a smoothly paced, organ-laced, retro-tinged feel, this relaxed cut finds MED reflecting on the Golden State roots, from the freaks on Sunset Ave. to the meth addicts in the projects, that made him the man he is today; The only thing that could have made this one even better is if Aloe Blacc (of I Need a Dollar fame) were to jump in and deliver another timeless vocal performance. Wait, that’s exactly what happened? Well then, I have absolutely no complaints, and neither should you. Looking for ever more from MED? According to Stone’s Throw he ambiguously “has a new album in the works for 2011 release.” In the meantime, fans can cop the just released double A-side 12-inch vinyl with both the previously featured Classic and Where I’m From. Dopeness.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.