It’s hard to tell, after just a couple listens, whether a dope record has truly timeless appeal, but this I know for certain: this joint, the first Booth feature from Californian emcee MED, is “Classic.” Yep, that’s definitely the title – and, jokes aside, it’s also a damned good track. Here, the up-and-comer joins forces with conscious vet Talib Kweli to do a little reminiscing about the music we all know and love. Karriem Riggins keeps things relatively subdued on the production tip, serving up a short soul loop backed with gritty percussion as the collaborators deliver their sharpest lyrical insights – one of the most memorable being this forward-looking pearl of wisdom from Kweli: “I witnessed the death of the CD / Liberate yourself from that format and be free .” Whether or not you think this joint lives up to its lofty title, it’s looking like underground heads have a lot to look forward to on MED.‘s forthcoming, yet-untitled full-length. If you’re a fan, keep it locked for the latest release details on the project.
Written by richard on 07/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where I'm From" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.