Fresh off the late-October release of Gods in the Spirit, his collaborative EP with Virginia superproducer Nottz, Cali rapper and beatsmith Blu is already hard at work on another joint project. This time around, he’s partnered with MED, the Oxnard rhymesayer who brought us Your Life back in 2011. On the project’s first official single, The Buzz, a soulful chopped-sample beat by Madlib (the project’s sole producer) bands in the back as the partners-in-rhyme spit verses dedicated to the women in their lives. Mayer Hawthorne provides an ear-pleasing guest chorus. Like what you’re hearing? More hot beats and quality bars await on The Burgundy EP, scheduled to drop digitally on Tuesday, November 26.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!