Not familiar with the Opera Towers, the Miami condo complex from which Mean Doe Green‘s latest single takes its title? Click here for a visual aid—or don’t, if you’d prefer not to feel woefully inadequate about your current digs. Regardless, it’s hard not to turn, well, green with envy while listening to Doe’s latest mixtape leak. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this cut finds beatsmith DC SoulPlusMind flipping a swanky synth-bass sample as the Sacramento repper chronicles his inaugural visit to Miami (as part of Rae‘s Shaolin vs.Wu-Tang tour). Those who heard a little Jay-Z in MDG’s last feature, aspirational banger The George Jeffersons, will undoubtedly feels their Hova-senses tingling throughout Green’s exultant verses, which drip with vivid imagery and imperious braggadocio: “Now I’m eye level with the clouds, Mother Nature on my arm / Underdog monologue, calm before the storm…” Sure to “make the haters nauseous,” while leaving fans wanting more, Opera Towers is just one of many dope cuts to be found on MDG’s Hard Hats & Hand Grenades mixtape; watch for the project to hit the Booth’s mixtape page later this month.
Written by richard on 07/4/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.