Ever dreamt of living in a castle? It’s not quite as pricey as you might think. According to a quick Google search, you can pick one up for anywhere from 300,000 euros (for your basic Baroque mansion) to a mil or more (for a full setup with adjoining village), not counting the extensive renovation costs. Of course, Mean Doe Green isn’t about to settle for just one majestic fortress. As the West Coast representative reveals on new single and mixtape title track Castle Collectors (making its world premiere right here on our front page!), he’s thinking a little bigger. Over Jonathon Lowell‘s lush soul samples, Green traces his ascent from poverty to the lap of luxury (“Used to lace my ramen noodles with kush plants and High Life Miller, now it’s salmon steaks n*gga, margaritas in the blender.”), and schemes about how he’ll parlay his current position of power into security for his people and a seat for himself among hip-hop royalty. Feeling this steely-eyed yet high-rolling jam? Then don’t miss the rest of fresh material slated to appear on Castle Collectors (the street album), which has yet to receive a solid drop date. In the meantime, last year’s Shade Proof (No DJ Version) is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.