Ever dreamt of living in a castle? It’s not quite as pricey as you might think. According to a quick Google search, you can pick one up for anywhere from 300,000 euros (for your basic Baroque mansion) to a mil or more (for a full setup with adjoining village), not counting the extensive renovation costs. Of course, Mean Doe Green isn’t about to settle for just one majestic fortress. As the West Coast representative reveals on new single and mixtape title track Castle Collectors (making its world premiere right here on our front page!), he’s thinking a little bigger. Over Jonathon Lowell‘s lush soul samples, Green traces his ascent from poverty to the lap of luxury (“Used to lace my ramen noodles with kush plants and High Life Miller, now it’s salmon steaks n*gga, margaritas in the blender.”), and schemes about how he’ll parlay his current position of power into security for his people and a seat for himself among hip-hop royalty. Feeling this steely-eyed yet high-rolling jam? Then don’t miss the rest of fresh material slated to appear on Castle Collectors (the street album), which has yet to receive a solid drop date. In the meantime, last year’s Shade Proof (No DJ Version) is still available for free streaming and download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 06/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)