For the past few years female rap has been in a state of turmoil as many “femcees” have been dropped by their record labels (Shawnna, Lil’ Mo) or have had to serve prison time (Lil’ Kim, Foxy Brown). With all these unfortunate circumstances facing Hip Hop’s lead women, it was only fitting that the female rap pioneer, MC Lyte, would return to the music scene. Beautiful gives Lyte the chance to demonstrate the all-too-underrated aspect of storytelling, revealing the tale of a lonely player (which isn’t necessarily an oxymoron) through a rhyme scheme that more than proves she’s still got “it.” Now, if only somebody could convince Queen Latifah to do another rap album…
Written by Burmy on 11/28/07
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)