On emcee M.C. ‘s first single, I’m Cool, he compared himself to the winter breezes of St. Louis (his hometown) and the Windy City of Chicago. Fittingly enough for the remix, some of the bigger artists from both cities come over to complement a brand-new verse from M.C. As Chi-Town’s Twista reaffirms his OG status and loyalty to the whole Midwest, STL femcee Ebony Eyez reps for the “cool” ladies, while fellow hometowner Chingy orders an extra helping of swag on his verse. Either way, I’m Cool will be worth its weight in the whip, and is sure to bump from the 314 to the 312 and beyond.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
Rich City Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cool" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.