On emcee M.C. ‘s first single, I’m Cool, he compared himself to the winter breezes of St. Louis (his hometown) and the Windy City of Chicago. Fittingly enough for the remix, some of the bigger artists from both cities come over to complement a brand-new verse from M.C. As Chi-Town’s Twista reaffirms his OG status and loyalty to the whole Midwest, STL femcee Ebony Eyez reps for the “cool” ladies, while fellow hometowner Chingy orders an extra helping of swag on his verse. Either way, I’m Cool will be worth its weight in the whip, and is sure to bump from the 314 to the 312 and beyond.
Written by Burmy on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
Rich City Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Cool" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.