When a relationship falls apart, one’s understandable first instinct is often to lash out at the guy or girl you once loved (and, if you’re honest with yourself, probably still do). It’s almost always more productive, however, to take a good, hard look in the mirror and ponder whether some of your misery might be self-made. On newly-released mixtape standout Ex-Girl Song, MC ADaD does just that, reflecting on the roots of his commitment fear over beatsmith Silence‘s flip of singer/songwriter UFOClub1977‘s haunting With You Lady Powers. Keith Purvis and Darryl Parham illuminate the artist’s rhymes with some poignant official visuals. Feeling this introspective jam? More awaits on AdaD’s P.S. I’m Next street album, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wishful Thoughts" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.