When a relationship falls apart, one’s understandable first instinct is often to lash out at the guy or girl you once loved (and, if you’re honest with yourself, probably still do). It’s almost always more productive, however, to take a good, hard look in the mirror and ponder whether some of your misery might be self-made. On newly-released mixtape standout Ex-Girl Song, MC ADaD does just that, reflecting on the roots of his commitment fear over beatsmith Silence‘s flip of singer/songwriter UFOClub1977‘s haunting With You Lady Powers. Keith Purvis and Darryl Parham illuminate the artist’s rhymes with some poignant official visuals. Feeling this introspective jam? More awaits on AdaD’s P.S. I’m Next street album, available now for free download via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
All Natural Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wishful Thoughts" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.