Sometimes, it takes a minute for the public to recognize greatness. Just ask Picasso or Van Gogh; their sh*t wasn’t poppin’ until they were long gone! Mazon, though not a painter, wants to make sure his work is recognized while he is still here. Today, the emcee/producer steps into the Booth with the official remix of 2012 cut Sun Roof. Behind the boards, Mazon makes the record sound brand new, cooking up an ominous beat featuring an eerie guitar riff, a crashing percussion rhythm and a few spooky effects. Mazon splatters his own canvas with a slurred, raspy flow that really resonates, blazing a beat that would swallow most emcees whole. He even tops the cut off with a smooth, intoxicating sung hook. This current version of Sun Roof acts as the first single off upcoming album The Will, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.