Sometimes, it takes a minute for the public to recognize greatness. Just ask Picasso or Van Gogh; their sh*t wasn’t poppin’ until they were long gone! Mazon, though not a painter, wants to make sure his work is recognized while he is still here. Today, the emcee/producer steps into the Booth with the official remix of 2012 cut Sun Roof. Behind the boards, Mazon makes the record sound brand new, cooking up an ominous beat featuring an eerie guitar riff, a crashing percussion rhythm and a few spooky effects. Mazon splatters his own canvas with a slurred, raspy flow that really resonates, blazing a beat that would swallow most emcees whole. He even tops the cut off with a smooth, intoxicating sung hook. This current version of Sun Roof acts as the first single off upcoming album The Will, due out this fall.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.