Mayo‘s last few DJBooth features found him preoccupied with his love life, whether that meant losing himself in Memories of an ex or trying to get with a shawty at the local spot. The Chi-Town repper’s latest promo single, Tell Me, by contrast, finds him contemplating his career. Backed by Tommy Jacob‘s pensive guitar/synth boardwork, the 19-year-old rhymesayer chronicles his struggle to turn his dreams into reality, while avoiding the many pitfalls of the music game: “Industry full of traps; I won’t fall for it / Fake smiles and handshakes but no, it’s not cordial.” For more, check out Jacob’s Last EP, which the beatsmith claims will be his final musical project.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.