Mayo‘s last few DJBooth features found him preoccupied with his love life, whether that meant losing himself in Memories of an ex or trying to get with a shawty at the local spot. The Chi-Town repper’s latest promo single, Tell Me, by contrast, finds him contemplating his career. Backed by Tommy Jacob‘s pensive guitar/synth boardwork, the 19-year-old rhymesayer chronicles his struggle to turn his dreams into reality, while avoiding the many pitfalls of the music game: “Industry full of traps; I won’t fall for it / Fake smiles and handshakes but no, it’s not cordial.” For more, check out Jacob’s Last EP, which the beatsmith claims will be his final musical project.
Written by richard on 07/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.