Lately, it seems like a day rarely goes by without a debut feature from an up-and-coming Chicago artist. Today, our lineup is especially heavy on emerging Windy City talent; not only did indie emcee Bebe O’Hare just make her grand entrance with City of Win, but 18-year-old rapper/singer Mayo has stopped by to re-introduce himself with new mixtape single Midnight Thrills. On this high-energy jam, a synth-driven Nova production sets the mood as the unsigned buzzmaker schools us in his, “Live life, be young, have fun,” philosophy. Interest piqued? More bangers await on Mayo’s next street album, The Most Known Nobody. The mixtape is scheduled to hit Audiomack for streaming and download on Thursday, October 24, in honor of the artist’s 19th birthday.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.