Lately, it seems like a day rarely goes by without a debut feature from an up-and-coming Chicago artist. Today, our lineup is especially heavy on emerging Windy City talent; not only did indie emcee Bebe O’Hare just make her grand entrance with City of Win, but 18-year-old rapper/singer Mayo has stopped by to re-introduce himself with new mixtape single Midnight Thrills. On this high-energy jam, a synth-driven Nova production sets the mood as the unsigned buzzmaker schools us in his, “Live life, be young, have fun,” philosophy. Interest piqued? More bangers await on Mayo’s next street album, The Most Known Nobody. The mixtape is scheduled to hit Audiomack for streaming and download on Thursday, October 24, in honor of the artist’s 19th birthday.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.