No amount of drinking, random hook-ups, or pints of ice cream eaten can erase the Memories of relationships past. On his first Booth feature spot of 2014, Chicago native Mayo shares some memories of an ex, both good and bad, which should resonate with anyone who has loved and lost. Creating the poignant vibe necessary for venting those buried feelings are producer Mr. Carmack , who creates a soft, airy backdrop, and singer Sydney Jay, whose soulful hook summarizes the theme of the effort to a T. Once the mood comes correct, it’s Mayo’s time to pine over the good, the bad, and the ugly of his former flame with his mellow, pensive flow. Memories is not tied to a larger release, but if you’d like an extra squeeze of Mayo be sure to check out his last Booth feature, October’s Midnight Thrills.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.