No amount of drinking, random hook-ups, or pints of ice cream eaten can erase the Memories of relationships past. On his first Booth feature spot of 2014, Chicago native Mayo shares some memories of an ex, both good and bad, which should resonate with anyone who has loved and lost. Creating the poignant vibe necessary for venting those buried feelings are producer Mr. Carmack , who creates a soft, airy backdrop, and singer Sydney Jay, whose soulful hook summarizes the theme of the effort to a T. Once the mood comes correct, it’s Mayo’s time to pine over the good, the bad, and the ugly of his former flame with his mellow, pensive flow. Memories is not tied to a larger release, but if you’d like an extra squeeze of Mayo be sure to check out his last Booth feature, October’s Midnight Thrills.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.