No amount of drinking, random hook-ups, or pints of ice cream eaten can erase the Memories of relationships past. On his first Booth feature spot of 2014, Chicago native Mayo shares some memories of an ex, both good and bad, which should resonate with anyone who has loved and lost. Creating the poignant vibe necessary for venting those buried feelings are producer Mr. Carmack , who creates a soft, airy backdrop, and singer Sydney Jay, whose soulful hook summarizes the theme of the effort to a T. Once the mood comes correct, it’s Mayo’s time to pine over the good, the bad, and the ugly of his former flame with his mellow, pensive flow. Memories is not tied to a larger release, but if you’d like an extra squeeze of Mayo be sure to check out his last Booth feature, October’s Midnight Thrills.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.