Windy City emcee Mayo may only be 17-years-old, but the young spitter assures fans that he’ll Be Okay on his latest record release. Serving as the rhymesayer’s second DJBooth feature, his Olu-assisted cut All Day was featured just last month, Be Okay is an assuring song of sorts, which is made very clear on the record’s hook proclamation, “I been on my own I know I’m gon’ be okay.” Joining Mayo on the single is fellow emcee Alex Jordhal, who also remains refreshingly optimistic as he puts down his boastful rhymes. Keeping with the promising tone of Be Okay is production from DJ Corbett, who laces the record with a welcoming blend of boombastic bass. You can find Be Okay on Mayo’s CrownLess Kings EP, set for release before the year is up.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/27/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.