As complicated as the rap game can be, ultimately it’s actually pretty simple - come with those dope rhymes All Day and you’ll win. Here to test that maxim is Mayo, a Chicago emcee making his The DJBooth debut with his new single, seizing a beat from Nova that’s both a piano-laced ballad and uptempo inspirational instrumental. (Dare I say the beat sounds Kanye influenced, or is that just me?) For his part the headliner doesn’t hesitate to let us know he’s an emcee who stand on his own two - “Got my own sound, no comparisons / Helen Keller to the haters, I ain’t hearing them” - before handing the mic over to Exhale author Olu for an equally confident guest verse. All Day can be found on Mayo’s brand new Dream BIG mixtape, which is currently available for free digital download.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.