As complicated as the rap game can be, ultimately it’s actually pretty simple - come with those dope rhymes All Day and you’ll win. Here to test that maxim is Mayo, a Chicago emcee making his The DJBooth debut with his new single, seizing a beat from Nova that’s both a piano-laced ballad and uptempo inspirational instrumental. (Dare I say the beat sounds Kanye influenced, or is that just me?) For his part the headliner doesn’t hesitate to let us know he’s an emcee who stand on his own two - “Got my own sound, no comparisons / Helen Keller to the haters, I ain’t hearing them” - before handing the mic over to Exhale author Olu for an equally confident guest verse. All Day can be found on Mayo’s brand new Dream BIG mixtape, which is currently available for free digital download.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.