As complicated as the rap game can be, ultimately it’s actually pretty simple - come with those dope rhymes All Day and you’ll win. Here to test that maxim is Mayo, a Chicago emcee making his The DJBooth debut with his new single, seizing a beat from Nova that’s both a piano-laced ballad and uptempo inspirational instrumental. (Dare I say the beat sounds Kanye influenced, or is that just me?) For his part the headliner doesn’t hesitate to let us know he’s an emcee who stand on his own two - “Got my own sound, no comparisons / Helen Keller to the haters, I ain’t hearing them” - before handing the mic over to Exhale author Olu for an equally confident guest verse. All Day can be found on Mayo’s brand new Dream BIG mixtape, which is currently available for free digital download.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.