On his Booth debut, Cali spitta Mayne Mannish urges us to Stop Play’n With Me. While the title might lead us to believe that he is all work and no play, upon closer inspection, I think it’s safe to say Mannish definitely has a sense of humor. Atop the hypnotic Shonuff production, Mannish uses his unique, nasally, slurred flow to weigh-in on whether or not it’s worth it to buy a girl an Applebee’s dinner in order get lucky (spoiler: it is). Joining in on the lady lovin’ fun (in between the hookwork of Clyde Carson) are fellow Bay Area natives Erk tha Jerk and Roach Gigz, who respectfully encourage the ladies to “shake it like an earthquake” and question the motives of a girl who shows up at the hotel at 2AM not looking for a booty call. Want more? Then be sure to check out Mannish’s forthcoming project, Guilty Pleasure, set for release on April Fools Day (4/1).
Tape Vault Records/EMS Group llc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!