On his Booth debut, Cali spitta Mayne Mannish urges us to Stop Play’n With Me. While the title might lead us to believe that he is all work and no play, upon closer inspection, I think it’s safe to say Mannish definitely has a sense of humor. Atop the hypnotic Shonuff production, Mannish uses his unique, nasally, slurred flow to weigh-in on whether or not it’s worth it to buy a girl an Applebee’s dinner in order get lucky (spoiler: it is). Joining in on the lady lovin’ fun (in between the hookwork of Clyde Carson) are fellow Bay Area natives Erk tha Jerk and Roach Gigz, who respectfully encourage the ladies to “shake it like an earthquake” and question the motives of a girl who shows up at the hotel at 2AM not looking for a booty call. Want more? Then be sure to check out Mannish’s forthcoming project, Guilty Pleasure, set for release on April Fools Day (4/1).
Written by Lucas G. on 03/22/13
Submit your Rating
Tape Vault Records/EMS Group llc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.