On his Booth debut, Cali spitta Mayne Mannish urges us to Stop Play’n With Me. While the title might lead us to believe that he is all work and no play, upon closer inspection, I think it’s safe to say Mannish definitely has a sense of humor. Atop the hypnotic Shonuff production, Mannish uses his unique, nasally, slurred flow to weigh-in on whether or not it’s worth it to buy a girl an Applebee’s dinner in order get lucky (spoiler: it is). Joining in on the lady lovin’ fun (in between the hookwork of Clyde Carson) are fellow Bay Area natives Erk tha Jerk and Roach Gigz, who respectfully encourage the ladies to “shake it like an earthquake” and question the motives of a girl who shows up at the hotel at 2AM not looking for a booty call. Want more? Then be sure to check out Mannish’s forthcoming project, Guilty Pleasure, set for release on April Fools Day (4/1).
Written by Lucas G. on 03/22/13
Tape Vault Records/EMS Group llc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.