Having captured listeners’ attention with lead single Her Favorite Song and the Father’s Day-themed Reach Out Richard (which I’ve adopted as my official theme song), Mayer Hawthone continues to build anticipation for his senior set with The Stars Are Ours. A recent interview revealed that Hawthorne and frequent collaborator Pharrell Willams (co-producer of the record in conjunction with Andrew Cohen) share a passion for Steely Dan, and nowhere is that influence more clear than on this cut, a bluesy, ‘70s-inspired rocker boasting intricate guitar work and a knotty vocal melody. Like what you’re hearing? More retro, yet forward-looking jams await on Where Does This Door Go, dropping July 16, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 06/18/13
Singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist Mayer Hawthorne has released his latest studio album, Where Does This Door Go. The artist's senior set, the project follows 2011's How Do You Do. Included among the LP's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.