If you noticed that I’ve penned a few more features write-ups today, that is because longtime DJBooth editor Richard is traveling back home to Minnesota for the weekend. If you’re reading this, be sure to Reach Out Richard, and let us know if you have arrived safely. While our Richard might tell you Mayer Hawthorne’s latest is dedicated to him, don’t be fooled; Hawthorne actually made this song for his dad (who shares the popular name). Most Booth readers will get their pops a new tie or some golf balls for Father’s Day, but Mayer enlists the legendary Pharrell Williams to create a funky, bubbly beat for his dad-dedicated new tune. Atop the instrumental, Mayer give thanks to his father for raising him right with an upbeat and soulful style. In addition to being a Father’s Day present, this cut also serve as the latest single (see Her Favorite Song) off Hawthrone’s upcoming July release, Where Does This Door Go.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.