If you noticed that I’ve penned a few more features write-ups today, that is because longtime DJBooth editor Richard is traveling back home to Minnesota for the weekend. If you’re reading this, be sure to Reach Out Richard, and let us know if you have arrived safely. While our Richard might tell you Mayer Hawthorne’s latest is dedicated to him, don’t be fooled; Hawthorne actually made this song for his dad (who shares the popular name). Most Booth readers will get their pops a new tie or some golf balls for Father’s Day, but Mayer enlists the legendary Pharrell Williams to create a funky, bubbly beat for his dad-dedicated new tune. Atop the instrumental, Mayer give thanks to his father for raising him right with an upbeat and soulful style. In addition to being a Father’s Day present, this cut also serve as the latest single (see Her Favorite Song) off Hawthrone’s upcoming July release, Where Does This Door Go.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!