If you noticed that I’ve penned a few more features write-ups today, that is because longtime DJBooth editor Richard is traveling back home to Minnesota for the weekend. If you’re reading this, be sure to Reach Out Richard, and let us know if you have arrived safely. While our Richard might tell you Mayer Hawthorne’s latest is dedicated to him, don’t be fooled; Hawthorne actually made this song for his dad (who shares the popular name). Most Booth readers will get their pops a new tie or some golf balls for Father’s Day, but Mayer enlists the legendary Pharrell Williams to create a funky, bubbly beat for his dad-dedicated new tune. Atop the instrumental, Mayer give thanks to his father for raising him right with an upbeat and soulful style. In addition to being a Father’s Day present, this cut also serve as the latest single (see Her Favorite Song) off Hawthrone’s upcoming July release, Where Does This Door Go.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.