If you noticed that I’ve penned a few more features write-ups today, that is because longtime DJBooth editor Richard is traveling back home to Minnesota for the weekend. If you’re reading this, be sure to Reach Out Richard, and let us know if you have arrived safely. While our Richard might tell you Mayer Hawthorne’s latest is dedicated to him, don’t be fooled; Hawthorne actually made this song for his dad (who shares the popular name). Most Booth readers will get their pops a new tie or some golf balls for Father’s Day, but Mayer enlists the legendary Pharrell Williams to create a funky, bubbly beat for his dad-dedicated new tune. Atop the instrumental, Mayer give thanks to his father for raising him right with an upbeat and soulful style. In addition to being a Father’s Day present, this cut also serve as the latest single (see Her Favorite Song) off Hawthrone’s upcoming July release, Where Does This Door Go.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist Mayer Hawthorne has released his latest studio album, Where Does This Door Go. The artist's senior set, the project follows 2011's How Do You Do. Included among the LP's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.