If you noticed that I’ve penned a few more features write-ups today, that is because longtime DJBooth editor Richard is traveling back home to Minnesota for the weekend. If you’re reading this, be sure to Reach Out Richard, and let us know if you have arrived safely. While our Richard might tell you Mayer Hawthorne’s latest is dedicated to him, don’t be fooled; Hawthorne actually made this song for his dad (who shares the popular name). Most Booth readers will get their pops a new tie or some golf balls for Father’s Day, but Mayer enlists the legendary Pharrell Williams to create a funky, bubbly beat for his dad-dedicated new tune. Atop the instrumental, Mayer give thanks to his father for raising him right with an upbeat and soulful style. In addition to being a Father’s Day present, this cut also serve as the latest single (see Her Favorite Song) off Hawthrone’s upcoming July release, Where Does This Door Go.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.