Next week, Mayer Hawthorne will build on the success of his second studio album with the release of his How Do You Do Remixes EP. One of six remixes to be included on the set, this newly-released cut finds beatsmith RAC putting his own spin on Booth-acclaimed single No Strings. In its original incarnation, this one-night stand anthem was a departure from Hawthorne’s signature ‘60s-informed style, featuring a glossy, synth-pop backdrop courtesy of producer Classixx. Here, however, the Portland-based producer takes the funkiness to the next level, complementing the retro synth ambiance with a compulsively head-noddable, disco-infused rhythm section. Better than the album version? That, my friends is for you to decide. Whichever you prefer, you can expect plenty more throwback grooves and falsetto crooning on the EP, scheduled for release on Monday, October 1, via Mayer Hawthorne’s Facebook page.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.