Next week, Mayer Hawthorne will build on the success of his second studio album with the release of his How Do You Do Remixes EP. One of six remixes to be included on the set, this newly-released cut finds beatsmith RAC putting his own spin on Booth-acclaimed single No Strings. In its original incarnation, this one-night stand anthem was a departure from Hawthorne’s signature ‘60s-informed style, featuring a glossy, synth-pop backdrop courtesy of producer Classixx. Here, however, the Portland-based producer takes the funkiness to the next level, complementing the retro synth ambiance with a compulsively head-noddable, disco-infused rhythm section. Better than the album version? That, my friends is for you to decide. Whichever you prefer, you can expect plenty more throwback grooves and falsetto crooning on the EP, scheduled for release on Monday, October 1, via Mayer Hawthorne’s Facebook page.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.