Next week, Mayer Hawthorne will build on the success of his second studio album with the release of his How Do You Do Remixes EP. One of six remixes to be included on the set, this newly-released cut finds beatsmith RAC putting his own spin on Booth-acclaimed single No Strings. In its original incarnation, this one-night stand anthem was a departure from Hawthorne’s signature ‘60s-informed style, featuring a glossy, synth-pop backdrop courtesy of producer Classixx. Here, however, the Portland-based producer takes the funkiness to the next level, complementing the retro synth ambiance with a compulsively head-noddable, disco-infused rhythm section. Better than the album version? That, my friends is for you to decide. Whichever you prefer, you can expect plenty more throwback grooves and falsetto crooning on the EP, scheduled for release on Monday, October 1, via Mayer Hawthorne’s Facebook page.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.