Next week, Mayer Hawthorne will build on the success of his second studio album with the release of his How Do You Do Remixes EP. One of six remixes to be included on the set, this newly-released cut finds beatsmith RAC putting his own spin on Booth-acclaimed single No Strings. In its original incarnation, this one-night stand anthem was a departure from Hawthorne’s signature ‘60s-informed style, featuring a glossy, synth-pop backdrop courtesy of producer Classixx. Here, however, the Portland-based producer takes the funkiness to the next level, complementing the retro synth ambiance with a compulsively head-noddable, disco-infused rhythm section. Better than the album version? That, my friends is for you to decide. Whichever you prefer, you can expect plenty more throwback grooves and falsetto crooning on the EP, scheduled for release on Monday, October 1, via Mayer Hawthorne’s Facebook page.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.