Next week, Mayer Hawthorne will build on the success of his second studio album with the release of his How Do You Do Remixes EP. One of six remixes to be included on the set, this newly-released cut finds beatsmith RAC putting his own spin on Booth-acclaimed single No Strings. In its original incarnation, this one-night stand anthem was a departure from Hawthorne’s signature ‘60s-informed style, featuring a glossy, synth-pop backdrop courtesy of producer Classixx. Here, however, the Portland-based producer takes the funkiness to the next level, complementing the retro synth ambiance with a compulsively head-noddable, disco-infused rhythm section. Better than the album version? That, my friends is for you to decide. Whichever you prefer, you can expect plenty more throwback grooves and falsetto crooning on the EP, scheduled for release on Monday, October 1, via Mayer Hawthorne’s Facebook page.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.