After receiving critical acclaim for his album, How Do You Do, in October, Mayer Hawthorne is back with the latest video single off the aforementioned project. On Henny & Gingerale, Hawthorne himself provides the laid back, synth based production which doesn’t veer away from his perpetual retro style. Lyrically, the Los Angeles based singer voices a repetitive but catchy hook that could very well still be in your head hours after the first listen. In the video, Hawthorne is at a party where everyone is drinking no shortage of…well…do I even have to say it? For more music to drink to be sure to check out Hawthorne’s latest album, How Do You Do, available for purchase now.
Written by Dillon White on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.