After receiving critical acclaim for his album, How Do You Do, in October, Mayer Hawthorne is back with the latest video single off the aforementioned project. On Henny & Gingerale, Hawthorne himself provides the laid back, synth based production which doesn’t veer away from his perpetual retro style. Lyrically, the Los Angeles based singer voices a repetitive but catchy hook that could very well still be in your head hours after the first listen. In the video, Hawthorne is at a party where everyone is drinking no shortage of…well…do I even have to say it? For more music to drink to be sure to check out Hawthorne’s latest album, How Do You Do, available for purchase now.
Written by Dillon White on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Active Balanced (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.